How to Help the Environment as a Parent With Jason Nye’s gDiapers
In This Episode
- Monica Adair is back filling in for Greg Hemmings one more time and we are reminded that Dave has another child on the way!
- Jason explains how he went from being a Japanese teacher and stockbroker to being a diaper baron.
- He gives us the shocking statistics on disposable diapers and exactly how bad they are for our environment.
- We hear how this business provides both money and meaning to both him and his wife, and Jason tells us how gDiapers and the B Corp philosophy was a great match.
- Jason also tells us a brief history on disposable products and the difficulty of making disposable diapers mainstream.
- We then learn how gDiapers redefine convenience and remove guilt for a new parent. We also learn about gCycle, a new development for the company.
- We also have a discussion on how and why B Corps can have difficulty finding investment.
President and Co-Founder of gDiapers
- Jason Graham-Nye is the president and co-founder of gDiapers.
- Around 15 year ago, Jason and his wife were about to have their first child and realized that as parents they would be leaving this planet to the next generation.
- It has been said that it takes a diaper 500 years to biodegrade, that there is the equivalent to a cup of oil in each diaper, and 50 million disposable diapers are used every day in the United States.
- So Jason and his wife decided to try a reusable diaper product they found from Tasmania and after being customers they bought the rights to sell it in the United States, Canada, and Europe.
- Today, gDiapers is a B Corp company that continues to innovate and make a real impact for newborns and parents alike!