Dr. Leeno Karumanchery – Diversity, Emotional Intelligence, and Honda Accords
In This Episode
- A coffee soaked Greg is back with Stephen Kopp filling in for Dave.
- Leeno lets us in on the correct pronunciation of Enkidu, what the name means, and how it relates to the company’s goals.
- He tells us how Enkidu uses data analytics to drive unconscious bias out of organizations.
- We learn about emotional intelligence and how it may be a better predictor of success than IQ or skill set.
- Leeno tells us the four components of EQ and tell us why EQ makes better leaders.
- He uses Greg’s Honda Accord as an example of diversity intelligence.
- We hear some examples of insidious unconscious bias and how our it bleeds through organizations
- We hear why we often times do not see women and diversity in positions of leadership.
- We also hear a story of how Greg takes out the garbage.
Dr. Leeno Karumanchery
Chief Diversity Officer of Enkidu
- Dr. Leeno Karumanchery is a sociologist with 25 years of experience in the field of diversity and inclusion.
- He is recognized as one of North America’s most prominent emotional intelligence and diversity experts and is the creator of Diversity Intelligence training as well as the executive vice president of training and content development at Enkidu.
- Enkidu is a consultancy company that helps organizations identify their talent, hire more people like them, keep them, and promote them through the examination of emotional intelligence.