A tale of resilience
Introducing Dave Wolpin:
- Dave owns Kredl’s Corner Market and Dave’s product packs.
- Both businesses have grown exponentially over the past few years, including an 8,000 square foot expansion for Kredl’s.
- Kredl’s Corner Market is a regionally represented grocery store that has the largest organic produce selection in the Maritimes.
- Dave runs Driver Dave’s in Halifax which delivers organic produce around the city to the customer’s house.
- Dave recently made national headlines through his close fight with bankruptcy. Because of his drive and determination Dave prevailed and got investors on board as well as raising money to save his business.
In this episode:
- Wayne Jagoe is hosting the show in for Greg once again this week.
- Dave Wolpin explains his career journey of going from a Kredl’s employee all the way to owning the local grocery store and expanding it over the years.
- He also briefly explains the brief history of Kredl’s after being founded in 1980.
- Dave talks about how he decided to stop selling unhealthy food products, and decided to invest into the local health food industry.
- Dave elaborates the definition of the word poison and how modern genetically altered food matches that dictionary definition, especially when it comes to high fructose corn syrup.
- Dave talks about his journey working on creating non-GMO chicken grain/feed after having a bad experience trying to access non-GMO chicken feed that was affordable for the consumer in New Brunswick.
- He begins telling his tale of perseverance through the terrifying times of his company almost going bankrupt.
- Dave elaborates on the lessons he has learned during this great trial in his life, and how he learned the true importance of complete transparency and honesty when running into the obstacles of life.
- Wayne and Dave Veale give their reflections on the episode and the lesson learned about resilience.
To subscribe using another podcatcher, copy this URL: