The Outside Leader
Who is Andy LaRose?
- Owning an electrical business has taken me out of the field and into a management position. Although my comfort level was more suited for the field, I have learned to adapt and embrace the role as an “outside leader”. This shows itself as a new challenge everyday having me shifting gears, adapting and growing to suit each of these new challenges as they present themselves.
- Born and raised in Whitehorse, Yukon, I learnt from a very young age that the world was not going to come to me, I had to go get it. My hopes are to teach my children that dreams do not have to be just dreams, but realities.
- Work hard, never settle, pursue your passions.
In this episode:
- Andy explains to Dave and Greg about how he received a phone call from TD Canada Trust, which lead to him being accepted into the Ivey Business School as being nominated as one of the top 40 entrepreneurs in Canada.
- He shares how Alcon Electrical Corp started with two guys in a garage, and the challenges he has faced in order to grow his successful business over the past 15 years.
- Andy talks about how the changes from growing as a small company into a much larger company with more employees has been a significant transition to adapt to, and the steps he took to bringing everything together for his employees and the company itself.
- Listen in on this episode of the Boiling Point to hear more about how Andy LaRose became one of the top 40 entrepreneurs in Canada.
To subscribe using another podcatcher, copy this URL: