Richard Sommer – Architects, Artists, and Lateral Thinking
In This Episode
- Richard explains the impact on broad lateral thinking that comes with training or schooling in architecture.
- Richard and Greg give examples of the qualities of architecture being transferable to different jobs.
- They explain parallels between architecture and film.
- They speak on monument building in the light of old monuments getting taken down.
Dean of John H. Daniels Faculty of Architecture, Landscape and Design at Toronto U
- Richard Sommer is the Dean of John H. Daniels Faculty of Architecture, Landscape and Design at Toronto U.
- He served as the O’Hare Chair of Design and Development from 2005 to 2010.
- He’s worked with government agencies and academics to develop proposals for the design of cities in Northern Ireland as the country was recovering from “The Troubles”.