Making impact in the community
About Henry Cross:
- He joined Hosh Yoga in 2011 as a teacher and Program Director. And since 2013, he founded and expanded programming for the organization with Hosh Kids and Hosh Seniors.
- From 2014 to 2016, he participated in a philanthropic role by expanding the programming, policy, and public advocacy efforts of theSonima Foundation as Community Relations Director.
- Henry’s work has been featured by the Huffington Post, Boston Yoga Magazine, Elephant Journal, Blog Talk Radio, The NYC Social Innovation Festival, Social Venture Institute, and multiple Brooklyn and Queens newspapers.
- In 2015, Henry was selected as an org business fellow and awarded Top 40 Under 40 Nonprofit Rising Starand Innovation Entrepreneur for SVN.
In this episode:
- Greg and Henry talk about the tragic loss of iconic grunge star Chris Cornell.
- Henry talks about growing up in Miami and not enjoying the humidity there, which influenced his eventual move up north to New York.
- He discusses how Hush Yoga uses the practice of Yoga to positively impact their local community within New York City.
- Henry shares the amazing impact Yoga has had in his life, and how it has changed his physical and mental health.
- He hopes that one day Yoga becomes a common practice accepted in business organizations to better the health and wellness of its employees.
- Henry finally reiterates is conviction that the practice of Yoga is an imperative to the future of preventative medicine.
To subscribe using another podcatcher, copy this URL: